List of the Top 75 Wetland Plants
Wetland Wiki Closing!
Delaware's Cypress Swamp
A good article about the Bald Cypress tree and the Bald Cypress swamp in Delaware. In many people minds, mine included, cypress swamps bring up images of Louisiana bayous,Spanish moss and crawfish boils, not the smallest state in the Nation. However, Delaware is home to the northermost cypress swamp, whose history includes a fire, the all too common deforestation and dredging of a canal, all of which accelerated the decline of the swamp. Fortunately restoration efforts led primarily by Delaware Wild Lands and now the swamp is on the rebound.
The article cites a history of the swamp, which is also worth a read.
Some Delaware specific wetland resources worth a visit are here:
Page 4 of 19<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>
Wetlands in the News
- BC government to refresh century-old water law - Prince George Citizen
- Bombay HC asks Maha to have permanent mechanism to monitor wetlands - Zee News
- $1M restoration project in the works for Truckee Wetlands - Tahoe Daily Tribune
- Senior housing project's wetlands request is tabled - The Union Leader
- Public hearing invites input on wetlands rewrite - The Recorder