Wetland Stock Photos
While surfing the web today, I stumbled upon a slideshow of the Everglades here:
Which reminded me that many photos that previously required expensive licensing were just released for noncommercial use by Getty Images last week. In a quick search, over 18,000 wetland related photos are listed by Getty, but not all are free to use. Many images can now be embedded in a webpage at no cost provided that Getty is credited and a link to the licensing page is visible. Its a great way to utilize both historic and world class photography that had previously been too expensive for a low budget website. Take a look.
2014 Farm Bill and Wetlands
Happy World Wetlands Day!
From Ramsar "2014 is the UN International Year of Family Farming – so the Ramsar Convention chose Wetlands & Agriculture as the World Wetlands Day theme for 2014. placing a focus on the need for the wetland and agricultural sectors (and the water sector too of course) to work together for the best shared outcomes." In the US this coincides with the imminent passage of the 2014 Farm Bill, which funds important wetland conservation programs.
Page 4 of 21<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>
Wetlands in the News
- Agencies concerned fracking site could impact wetlands - The Daily Advertiser
- company donates wetlands near Montour Falls - Elmira Star-Gazette
- Department of Fish and Wildlife response to Ballona Wetlands editorial was ... - Long Beach...
- Studying Wetlands as a Producer of Greenhouse Gases - UConn Advance (blog)
- State, federal agencies concerned fracking site could impact wetlands - WWL